Monday, July 22, 2013

Savings!

Right now I am not working, so I consider it part of my job to save us as much money as we can on the things we need to buy.  I've been couponing and doing a pretty good job at the grocery stores to save money on food, but I wanted to try saving at the drug stores.  I've now become an addict at checking www.southernsavers.com daily and I love how she shows you the coupons to use with the deals that each store has to offer.  

Today I made a trip to Target, CVS and Walgreens. Luckily the two drug stores are right across the street from each other!  For everything I got today I paid about $29, but saved $24.  I know it's not the best savings trip ever, but I am proud of what I got for my first time at both stores.  Almost everything I got I had coupons for and I have some store bucks now for each store I can use. 

Any other coupon websites you use that help you save?



1 comments:

Julie said...

Great job!! I LOVE hip2save.com. The woman who runs it posted a series of videos called Follow Me Monday where she showed herself couponing at all of the major drugstores, Wal-Mart, and a few others. She lives in a different state, so she doesn't have a Kroger or Albertsons, but watching her videos and reading her blogs about how to start couponing has been very helpful to me!