Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New TV Stand

Hi my name is Erica and I'm a Pinterest addict.  Among the many hours I've spent searching through the site, I've seen many dressers turned into tv stands.  So I started searching around on craigslist and our local Habitat for Humanity Restore.  I really didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for one either.  One day while on Facebook the Restore posted a picture of this bad boy, for pretty cheap too.  So naturally I raced down and loved it.  When I got Daniel to come and get it for me, he was definitely not seeing the vision I had in my head for it, but went along with it.  

It has taken a ton of time to sand everything down, some parts even had to be done twice.  We definitely put in a lot of sweat time doing this thing in the heat of summer in the garage!  I am so proud of how much work we had to put into this thing and am so pleased with how it turned out.  We're going to use the drawers to store all of our movies and stuff for the Wii, so now I get to reorganize closets and gain some more closet space back!  

Before, ugly color!

In the process of sanding

Daniel added the top shelf and stained the body

DONE! :)