Last weekend some family members and I gave a baby shower for Dan's cousin Julie. She is soon to welcome a baby girl and we had a fun time planning things out for the party. Of course pinterest gave us lots of neat and cute ideas to try. We knew she already had an owl theme going on, so we ran with that!
I found these cute cupcakes on pinterest and Julie's sister Janette did a great job with these! Oreos with m&m's for the eyes and nose.
Also on pinterest I found a link where you could print out any letter already in the shape of a pennant. I waited for Hobby Lobby to have a half off scrapbook paper sale and bought some cute pink printed paper to put behind the while part. (I know you can't really see it from the picture) We hung it on some twine with clothespins. Easy!
As people came in they could predict baby Audrey's birthday. I used a calendar template I found online and customized it. I found some cute pink baby stickers at Hobby Lobby to put in the square and people wrote their name. I also found a cheap, cute pink basket at Hobby Lobby and made the sign to put on the front. Guests used markers to write a funny or encouraging message for Julie to read during those late night diaper changes. Both ideas I found on pinterest, imagine that!
For the main table, Julie's mom and sister did all the finger foods and Julie's mother in law made the cute diaper cake. I found a tutorial on pinterest to make the tissue paper flowers. Pretty cheap, easy and cute! We found the owl accessories at Oriental Trading and bought them when we had a coupon for free shipping. We mixed in some dollar store pink to make sure we had enough.
Overall it was a LOT of fun to plan things out and we had a great time showering Julie!




1 comments:
It was such a great shower!! Gotta love pinterest :)
Post a Comment