Well, I've dragged out the time as long as I could, but it's now inevitable. It's time again to get my classroom ready. (Insert scream here) I was really delaying the whole thing hoping that I would sell my house or find a job closer to the new home, but no such luck.
This year brings a whole new set of challenges with it. I'll be teaching first grade. Which means that I will have to learn a WHOLE lot! Doing third grade the past three years, I only taught language arts. So I have to refresh my math, science and social studies skills again! I am getting kind of excited though, my kiddos will be much smaller than I've been used to! :)
I moved to a new room, a much smaller room, and am working on getting it set up. And we throw in the new rule that we can't cover more than 20% of our walls with stuff. Ummmm just how do I calculate 20% of my walls?! My wallet will be glad when August is gone, with the wedding and new school stuff the money is flying away.
Any tips for first grade? :)
Monday, August 1, 2011
Back to School
Posted by Erica at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Um....I can totally relate with money flying out of your wallet in the month of August. Last year, when I first got my classroom I think I gave Michel a bit of a coronary when he saw just how much stuff you really HAVE to buy - and his mother's a teacher, so I thought he would have been more prepared!
Good luck in the new position! Sorry, I can't think of any tips right now, but if I think of anything, I'll re-post! I teach Pre-K, so not exactly 1st grade, but I am used to working with the little ones :)
I hope you have a great school year, I'm sure there is plenty of things that need to be done. I'll be coming today and hopefully be a help to you.
luv...Mom
Post a Comment