Friday, September 19, 2008

I survived my first hurricane!

Wahooooo!! I'm alive and I survived Ike!!
Ok so I wasn't about to stay in my apartment alone so I packed up and headed on down to mom's house! I helped her get in all the plants, so the kitchen area looked like a greenhouse for a few days. Since her electricity went out, we went and stayed with my grandparents since theirs was on. I sure did miss my internet and cable tv I tell ya. All they get on their tv is 2 channels using the antenna!


Well this was the only damage done to mom's house, and thank God it was not on the house!! We were both nervous about all the big trees around the house falling down. My poor aunt in Houston is still without power and will be for probably another week! I know she's so tired of living in the dark, as well as all the other folks still without power. Please keep these people in your prayers as well as all the lineman, volunteers and evacuees with no homes left. Praise God for electricity!!

0 comments: